Verse of the Day

6/19/2010


This is our 4th Anniversary pie! It is called the Ultimate Caramel Apple Pie. Found the recipe on Food Network from Tyler Florence. Well worth the time to make it. The caramel sauce really made the pie very tasty. A friend of ours said it was better than his mom's. Oops! Won't mention names to protect the innocent. I made a little heart with the extra dough to put on top.

Here is the link to the recipe for anyone wanting to try. I used 2 Jonagold, 2 Royal Gala, and 4 Granny Smith apples and doubled the caramel part of the recipe. For some reason, mine took longer to bake and then just to be sure the apples cooked all the way through, I put the foil topper back on and turned off the oven letting the pie cool with the oven. I took it out of the oven the next morning since it was already 12:45am when I finally turned off the oven.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: