Verse of the Day

7/20/2010


In preparation for the upcoming 3rd annual SC Campground Cookoff, here is my latest creation. It is a Grilled Apple Pie. Look closely, there is even more! It is an apple-pecan smoked, caramel apple, Wisconsin cheddar pie. Quite the mouthful to say and hopefully to eat. :-)

The contest rules state the recipe has to be original and can only be cooked over charcoal or open flame. No gas! The big kicker is that the whole thing from the time you light the fire to finished product is only 2 hours. Personally, I think that limits a lot of good grilling ideas. Although, maybe it adds to the creative aspect.

www.SCCAMPGROUNDCOOKOFF.com

This is my entry. If I could do both an entree and dessert, I would have done salmon smoked over a cedar plank with a cherry, molasses, honey glaze.

Happy grilling!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: